Friday, January 22, 2010

Dole Plantation


We took a little trip to the Dole Plantation....it was lots of fun and we actually learned a lot about the pineapple:)

The best part of the entire trip was the Dole Whip! It was the best thing ever....I can't even begin to describe how yummy it was! You all will just have to come visit to find out how delicious it was! (By the way, Eric even ate the pineapple so you know it must have tasted pretty darn good - considering Eric gags on fruits and vegetables)
Enjoying a little ride on the Pineapple Express train. It was a pretty cool little train ride around the Dole Plantation...we saw lots of cool plants/trees (banana trees, sugar cane, all kinds of tea trees, cacao plants, mango trees, and many more I can't think of right now)

Who new pineapples grew on the ground??? Call us stupid but we were very surprised to learn pineapples don't grow in trees:) There are acres and acres of fields around here with "stuff" planted and we could never figure out what in the world that "stuff" was...well it's PINEAPPLE!! I still can't believe pineapples don't grow in trees but the truth lies in the pictures!
Mommy's favorite plant...you guessed it the cacao plant!! I think I might plant some of these in my back yard:)
Here is a picture of a banana tree...Sam and I were very fascinated with the banana trees...Sam wanted to "eat" them:) Eric just couldn't understand why I would want a picture of a banana tree...it's not every day you get to see banana trees!!

1 comment:

Elisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.