Monday, February 22, 2010

Muddy Mommy

Swamp Romp 2010..

This was one crazy race...5 miles through mud, water, sand and obstacles. It was one of the most challenging things I have done (besides being in labor for 29 hours with an epideral that didn't work). It was the stickiest mud I have ever seen..if you stopped while in it you sank and it was almost impossible to get out (I learned this on the first mud pit:)). I was lucky to be on such a great team of ladies..we did awesome finishing in 5th place!! To make it even crazier just as my team was finishing they came on the speakers and announced they had just caught a hammer head shark in one of the mud/water pits...ahhhhh! Good thing I wasn't the one who spotted it!!


Look how cute and clean we looked before we started:) The best part about this whole experience was being able to attend one of the best bedazzling parties I have ever been too! As you can see from my shirt I got a little carried away with the beads!!


Aloha Run...8.12 miles... I ran it in 1 hr 25 min. It was really great having the boys at the finish line cheering me on! I did pretty good for my first race, I finished 4240/17516 people and 1277/9020 women and 274/1336 for my age group.

No comments: