Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Visit From Grandma and Grandpa!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Kline came to visit!

We were so excited to finally have some visitors! We had a great time with G-ma and G-pa Kline...they spoiled us rotten like always:) It was so nice to have some extra hands to help out with the boys and give mommy a little break!

Diamond Head Climb

We managed to climb Diamond Head again with the boys...Sam was a little stinker this time, he refused to walk so poor daddy had to carry him all the way up and all the way down. Mommy got her workout too carrying Jack:) (He had troubles staying awake!)

Sea Life Park

We took the boys to Sea Life Park...it was pretty cool, the boys loved the dolphin show! They filmed the movie Fifty First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore here.


Fun at the Beach
Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for watching Jack, we were able to take Sam on a little kayak ride...he LOVED it!!

Grandma forgot her swimsuit but we made her get in the water anyway:)

Golf Day
We were able to enjoy a round of golf with Grandpa Dick...thanks Grandma Gloria for babysitting!

Scuba Time

Eric finally talked me into going diving with him. Since I am not certified I did a Discovery Dive in which you take a 2 hr class in the morning with an instructor then you get two afternoon dives. It was a very frightening but enjoyable experience at the same time. The first dive was awful...the water was really choppy and murky and I didn't have enough weight on so it was a constant struggle to stay down...we did see a sea turtle on this dive so that made up for it:) The second dive was so much better, it was a lot clearer and they put more weight on me so I pretty much sunk to the bottom and stayed there (one minor problem they put too much on me at first and I sunk to the bottom landed in some sea urchent/coral - PAINFUL, still have some stuck in my leg) anyways after putting some air in my vest I was good to go:) Eric was a trooper and stuck by me through all my dilemas....we saw some pretty cool fish on this dive. It was so great spending some time together doing something fun! I am definatley going to go to scuba class and get certified!


Its a WHALE! Just as we got back on the boat from our last dive a big whale and her baby swam up about 20 feet from our boat! It was AMAZING! They hung out for a good 20 minutes before swimming off. If you look at the pic you can see the whale just underneath the water....I never realized how gigantic these things are! I just kept thinking what in the world I would have done if I had been underwater and this thing swam up to me!!!


Pearl Harbor Tour

We were able to take a little boat tour of Pearl Harbor one of the days...it was pretty interesting to learn about all the history and see all the ships.

No comments: